PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Standbys
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2010, 15:55
RYR738_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My gripe isn't with the money side, I've got a good car, city centre flat and budget well. I was sold by the idea of high hours, hours badly needed to get the opportunity to apply for command before the current cutoff at the end of 2012.

Lisline tells me I've done 535 actual hours this flying year, expecting 550 by the end of the month.

I did 735 hours last year so would seem that I need to average around 62 hours for the last 3 months to make that. Chances of achieving it......slim.

Have seen plenty of new fo's recently, some transferred from other bases, others were training here and then probably for ease, just stayed here.

One lad transferred from Madrid and was told by Big D in Stansted that he can move but Edinburgh is already over crewed.

Don't see the sense in that when guys are doing out of base in Madrid!

I'm led to believe RYR work on 5.2 crews per aircraft so that should see us with 31 fo's plus any extra training, we are actually on around 38!

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand how lucky I am to be UK based, and I only got it because the base was expanding, but I see no point in saturating the base when no expansion is occurring.