PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is RACWA on finals? YOU WERE WARNED!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2010, 13:59
ballistix71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WC not sure where you fly now but most training companies have older aircraft. Even new aircraft has 000's and 000's of landings under their belts if they are used for training. Part of the job one would say.

As for quality instruction and you complaints about the grade 3 instructors. Its been a while since I was there, but don't students do check flights with more senior instructors every few hours? If nobody flew with the junior instructors they wouldn't get the abinitio hours required to progress their qualifications along and guess what...New students would eventually have nobody to teach them as the experienced instructors would have retired.

Not to mention that your comments neglect an instructors teaching ability. I have seen grade 3 instructors who achieved far better progress from their students then even some experienced instructors because they are good at teaching.

To put it bluntly if you don't like a place or it doesn't suit you then you move on. The same was said about instructor / student relationships when I worked down that way. To say one is better than another for an individual is like asking how long is a piece of string.

It would be sad to see the choice taken away from new pilots and increase the rate at which we seem to be issuing less and less people licences.