PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2010, 09:35
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile There seems to be a shift in the NPAS plan....

I suspect that Colerne is going to be one of those elements that will drop off the radar. And that discounts the radar needed to get in and out of there at times. Just one visit in November was met with swathes of fog on the perimeter. Bad choice or what?

Not only are important people in Bristol against losing their 135 from the centre of things, there are people in Wiltshire that seem quite keen on keeping the air ambulance element of the Wiltshire operation... and that is for years beyond the NPAS 2012 start date.

There have been some strange utterances from the main people involved in the tiny team including Richard Watson addressing the Air Ambulance Association AGM suggesting that there may be a possibility of police and air ambulance working together. Hang on a cotton picking minute..... I thought that the basis of NPAS was doing away with that......?

It looks to be very much a moveable feast..... not sure that it is a career prospects plus either...

So all in all I guess that by 2012 that whole map thing is going to alter completely. South Yorkshire.... reported as digging their heels in..... Dyfed looking to fixed wing.... and we have hardly started!