PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD - All Not Good in Mesa
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2010, 08:51
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MD600 and wallsend (I suspect I know you). You're a pair of little tinkers aren't you! Repetitive and monotonous
Wallsend - read my earlier post more carefully old boy. I haven't mentioned the handling characteristics or performance of said aircraft, have I? Not once have I condemned it for it's capabilities as a HEMS cab (or even a police cab for that matter).
What has knifed the 902 in the back (and now it's time for me to be repetitive) is the maintenance and quality support by the OEM. Crap is too kind a word. The company is run by outsiders who have absolutely no interest whatsoever in aviation let alone running a helicopter production line. They have no research division, no customer after care department and so it goes on. There are no plans to give it a mid life upgrade.
Once you've bought the cab...guess what, you're on your own and by that I mean it's left to the subsidiary company (local supplier) to offer these services if they so wish. Luckily, the likes of PAS are such a company but even they struggle to hide the mess MD Helicopters has turned out to be.

I haven't driven a Delorean, I haven't been to the moon, but guess what - one doesn't need to be there / do that, to know what the problems are. Do you understand now?
The 902 is being hindered by its dysfunctional parent company.....it is doomed and in 5-10 yrs time, if nothing changes, there won't be any left in the UK. And I haven't even mentioned costs