PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 380?
Thread: 380?
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2010, 01:09
Eyes only

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This statement shows your ignorance of common knowledge.
Not my ignorance at all. Boeing list "New York - Hong Kong" as one of the possible city pairs with 467 passengers with an allowance of 95kg/pax, i.e. a total payload of 44.5t. It does not include any baggage, catering, or cargo. The catering uplift on a sector like that would be around 5t.

The design range of the 747-8I is 8000 nm, that is with 467 passengers with an allowance of 95kg/pax, nothing else, no additional baggage, catering, or cargo. The maximum payload range of the 747-8I is around 2000 nm less.

The 747-8I could never do full pax, bags, and cargo over that distance, it was never on the cards. Anyone suggesting that to you is playing you, unless of course they are looking at a 4 class cabin of around 350 seats, then it could do 350 (full) pax and some cargo, however not full cargo.

A four class A380 would be configured with around 450 seats, and is capable of 450 pax and about 10t of cargo over JFK-HKG.

Qantas and Emirates are flying longer city pairs than JFK-HKG for some time, and Singapore Airlines have announced they will start flying the pacific using A380s is 2011.

Please advise me what "misinformation" I have been spreading ?

Was it this "The 747-8I has less range than the A380. The A380 is already exceeding fuel burn guarantees by a few percent, with more in the pipeline, the same cannot be said for the 747-8F which is at risk of missing them at the moment." as you are the one who is confirming it.

Also your comment
Well, it looks as if the rumours about the -8 are true. It will not make HKG-ANC with 134T.
sounds strange to many. When CX ordered them, the CX press release stated they were capable or 140 t over a HKG-ANC sector length, now you are claiming they are missing that by 15 t ?

That is what people in the Navy would call a small miss.

Cathay Pacific Cargo - News