PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2010, 19:14
Del Prado

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
today, flameproof said
If traffic had gone down this year, how can controllers run out of hours, doing less hours they have been doing since 1999?
and again
How could work have been done with 1670 hours in the past, and not this year? What has been different?
yet 2 days ago, in response to this,
"whe the final law was made, someone got overzealous and barred all atcos aged 57+ to work"

flameproof said
That's a critical piece of information that I didn't know, and would explain controllers running out of hours sooner than in past years - is that in the decree itself, or just something planners did on their own?
did he forget this 'critical piece of information?

When Spitoon said "... I would be interested to know how many new staff have been checked out in Spain over, say, the last five years....and where."

Flameproof's answer was...
On 27 March 1998, the government approved the hiring of 190 ATCOs. In 1999, 96 new ATCOs were hired. In 2000 it was 98. In 2001, it was 94. So, in total, 478 new ATCO places were offered, and I have not been able to find any further offers until today
Still that was yesterday. Today he says...
"I have checked the 2009 consolidated report by AENA: etc, etc."

Flameproof, you're spending a long time researching, why don't you take a bit of time off and spend it with your family? There are people contributing here with experience, listen to them and please don't dictate the debate with the stuff you're regurgitating from the internet.

I had hope to leave this thread alone as more mature posters were making a much better job of presenting the issues on both sides but you consistently quote half truths and made up statistics.
While your contributions are welcome you have little more to add than a layman's view and it's only fair to bring that to the attention to this forum.