PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Execs.....Pigs at the Trough.
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2002, 03:15
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

As bonvol has said (but in different words), I believe the non-management workers are getting pretty p!ssed of with seeing the DOUBLE STANDARDS of management - the "It's okay for ME to continue on my 7-figure salary, and to receive a $2/5/8 million BONUS", on the one hand, and on the other telling the employees, "We have to trim down the workforce and those who are lucky enough to stay on will be offered a new contract. Of course it's going to mean a little more work for the same money, but if this company is to survive we have to make radical changes to the way we work!"

Well Sopwith, the answer is to follow the LEAD set by our managers.
Realise that you are in the job ONLY for yourself, not the good of the company.
Whenever you can - at every opportunity - work towards extracting every cent you can. Don't agree to any changes UNLESS they are going to benefit YOU.

As I see it the old management/worker relationship was one of, "When the Goose lays a golden egg let's make an omlette - that way everyone gets a little." Naturally, Management took a larger share, but we all ACCEPTED that.
Today's modern management philosophy is one of, "When the Goose lays a Golden egg, I'll boil it and eat it ALL myself."

Let's agree, and ALL play by the same rules - Greed is Good.
Okay?