PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 14th Dec 2010, 11:46
1988ukcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share my Qatar recruitment process experience with you.
I attended an open day in Manchester and was successful in being invited back. I attended the next day for group discussion, English test and height test. Group discussion was staight forward and also the English test. I am about 5"3 and when it came to the height test I struggled to touch the required mark (I was just below the mark), I was measured against one of the recruitment officers and was through to the final interview. Final interview came and it was one of the easiest interviews I have had, it was more of a discussion on what I had wrote on the application form. I would say I had a maximum of 5 interview questions which were your obvious cabin crew interview questions. I have been to 3 airline interviews ranging from a low cost airline and charter upto Qatar Airways a 5 star airline and out of the 3 Qatar Airways was the easiest of them all. To me if your face fits then Qatar will want you no matter what you say or what your experience is. I was told to produce more photographs for final interview, I wasnt at home so I was told to e mail more photos over after interview. My advice here is to have proffessional photos as I was told to re take my photos on several occassions which was very stressful, your photos have to be perfect. I was told 3 week to wait for a response after final interview, all in all i think I waited 4 weeks and got a phone call telling me I had the job and to start my medical. Just as I thought all the stress was over, the medical was even worse. You are told to complete it in 2 days which is impossible, my recruitment advisor was very good and lenient with time. I managed to get all my tests done xray and bloods which isnt cheap infact it cost me around the £600 mark, all was ok and I sent them back. On the questionnaire I had to declare I was on medication, not for anything major but I am under a consultant and being monitored once a year. I declared all of this and was asked to provide more tests and reports, I did this and sent them back and within a week I had an e mail back "sorry but we will not be taking your application any further". My advice for all of those who are thinking about open days is really think Qatar through because it could be an expensive lesson to learn. I was gutted when I recieved my email for failing the medical for somthing so minor, it was always my dream to work for Qatar or Emirates, I have just come to terms with the fact that that will never happen.

I wish everybody luck with open days and hope you have good experiences xx