PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix East Aviation
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2002, 23:56
Facts Not Fiction Pls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Don't always believe what you read!

Hmmmmm...... did anyone ever tell you the press does not always report the real events as their source can obscure things!

I get really frustrated when schools blame the hideous act of 11th September for their business failure. I know one school that closed down one week prior to this fateful day and was then on the news stating that they had closed down due to the disaster.

Dekkers other flight school, Ambassador, had a deal with SFT. Now although SFT say they closed due to the disaster many would question this as it happened so quickly after 11/9. Whatever the reason, they went under, they did not pay Ambassador and therefore hurt them. However, a school that is prospering does not close for the sort of money we are talking about. There has to be other ingredients.

What 11/9 did was weed out the schools that were living a little close to the wire. I have spoken to a number of schools that have never had it so good than at the moment. There are those that are struggling and will put some of the blame on 11/9, however, the majority blame it on a number of things as well.

Mr. Dekkers could not have known that the students at his school were the individuals plannning the heinous acts and therefore no one would blame him. However, how many times did he go on the news to talk about it? Surely this was not the advertising that would help his schools! Especially when he publicly ridiculed the INS system. I think perhaps this did not help his cause!