PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL and being a doctor
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2001, 13:46
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings. Being an EU national you have the right to work anywhere in the EU. I guess you should make sure your English is pukker if you work in the UK.

Getting an ATPL should not affect your medical career if you don't want it to. Why would you want to be a pilot if you can be a doctor? I've done both - Sure, the pilots job seems glamourous after you have spent a morning in the proctology clinic. But then when you have spent time waiting for the next VOR to tune in, there are advantages to talking to a new person every few minutes, even if from your position you might not be able to see their lips move (those above the waist). Apologies to our friendly controllers, whose moving lips are always welcome to hear.

You are very lucky, most mortals don't even get the luxury of one of the choices of hosties or nursies. I'd make loads of dosh being a doctor, get bored senseless with another case of "Johnny and his sore ear", then spend your exorbitant amounts of cash buying extravagant and very sexy planes that even a 747-400 skipper cannot afford.