PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AVG 8.0 full retail edition -FREE!
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2010, 13:58
Union Jack

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
It was nice whilst it lasted .....

I have just received an "Important Message" from AVG, which appeared as an AVG normal sized screen, advising me that they cannot verify my license key, namely the one advised at the top of this thread, and asking me to contact them with any available info.

I replied in non committal terms, asking them to confirm that the license key remains valid until the original date, and AVG came back, almost by return, stating amongst other things:

"We would like to inform you that the AVG license number you provided is incorrect and was generated through an illegal license number generator. Its use is considered illegal according to AVG License Policy.

Please let us know where you purchased the AVG product, so that we can stop this illegal practice. If you have an invoice or a receipt for the product, please send it to us as a reply to this e-mail or by fax to our office in the Czech Republic at this fax number: 00420 549 524 004."

No response sent to AVG, nor intended, not least in deference to OP.

The original AVG message states that they will continue cover for two weeks, after which ......?

Avast now installed.

Jack