PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD - All Not Good in Mesa
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2010, 12:02
wallsend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To take your point about the information concerning the 135 that was out for 5 weeks. This was a police machine that left its northern base in mid-Feb this year and did not return until end-March. The reason for not spouting on about it was here or passing it for inclusion in your journal was confidentiality. I.e. not letting the bad lads in the region know there was no immediate air support to curtail their games - something the 135 and its crews there had been very successful at. (I don't intend to spill any more beans on this one you'll just have to take my word on it but I spent a lot of time hanging on the end of a phone at the time frustratingly awaiting its return!)

Re denigrating the 135. Here's some comments from my recent posts on this thread:

"I like flying the 135 a lot" and "the 135 is a delight to Check A". I would add to those statements it's brilliant OEI performance and the superb training mode in the CPDS versions.

My point is that there's probably not a lot to choose between the 135 and the 902, but that some people seem desperate to run the latter down without a lot of evidence to support their views.

Long may they BOTH continue in service!!

Last edited by wallsend; 13th Dec 2010 at 19:07.