PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to Purchase and Grow WA Charter Operator
Old 13th Dec 2010, 10:02
Section28- BE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF Flightboy & Icarus

Not that I do this any-more, but:

I reckon this move is the smartest thing I've (in my limited experience) seen a Commercial/National RPT Operator do since about 01/02 (well maybe 98/9 or there about's)- they now have (yes) another more or less "Greenfield" site and the ability to offer/leverage/value-add (hate those MBA terms) their 'Commercial' contract clients a 'Cradle to Destination' solution- check a bag from SA/the Pilbra, to where ever in the World you may imagine..........., and with the cost base to back it up- well done and best wishes to Lindsay and the Network family.

The stinking old Fokker at circa 10tns less MTOW than the 71 (the Circa- I'll leave to those that know...), in an ANC/Landing Charge sense - will lift 107 Y Class vrs 117Y for the Boeing (and I'm not disparaging of it, at all)- push him out over an hr and the fuel will come back to/or under 1.8tn/hr and it'll punch beyond 6.5nm/min, or better pending what you're doing and who's driving............

Well done all- reckon you will have some fun over the next couple of years, and I'll be looking forward to watching the action and your endeavours....

Best Rgds
28- BE