PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2010, 15:34
Bristol_Traveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRA

I'm surprised (in a not good way) that Marianne was so emphatic that BRS was not in LH's considerations. I can't believe they got *so* badly burned by BRS-FRA that they wouldn't come back again - and if they did get that badly burned, I still think that they managed yield poorly on the route. (OTOH SN seem to be capable of excruciating discomfort on BRS-BRU).

However, one must keep looking for opportunities, maybe like this one offered by Wolfgang Prock-Schauer of BMI.

What is the vision for bmi ?

The vision is for it to be a top quality product, to be embedded in the Lufthansa group and Star Alliance, for it to be contemporary British and covering all the UK regions, so not only London-centric but the whole of the UK, that’s it in short. And keeping in mind our heritage, an international focus, but not forgetting the heritage of BMI – so we call it British Midland International. In this all three of the airlines have a specific role to play. BMI International is out of LHR. Regional serves the regions and more and will serve over water routes to continental Lufthansa hubs, and BMI Baby we want to keep so we have a foothold in the UK low cost carrier market as the UK is predominantly low cost, as part of our complete offering, just as Lufthansa has German Wings.
So maybe it's time to hangup on London/Köln and make some calls to Donnington Hall, and see if we can make 1 BD ERJ into 2 BD ERJs...