PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving a holding pattern
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2010, 12:53
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when hold over TGO and cleared for the approach you leave via the fix and then turn preferably right, not left . of course only leave holding when cleared for APP and report "passing fix". turning left would mean a sharp turn . the TGO VOR is pretty close to the airport and you must look not to shoot through the final segment. due to law you left the hold after last time passing the fix and even turning left is nothing wrong as long aircraft performance permits. - you in every case have to position yourself on R254 TGO and follow the published procedure. the second important thing is to keep 5000ft until established on radial and the decend to 4000ft. descend point on final is VATER out of 4000.

but i must say i was x times in EDDS and always had been vectored, never did the standart procedure. what can happen is that radar tells you "cleared for ILS 07, position yourself 10miles final and report established".

when someone can help how to insert a screenshot here i can provide you with the very last ILS 07 chart since i am sitting on a boring standby duty in the crewroom now.