PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Importance of FTO choice.
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2010, 12:15
SVoa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I myself went the modular route and have no regreted it in anyway. However, I had spoken with a few of the "big" integrated schools, and they openly admit that they give sole priority to the students doing integrated. My word of advice would be that if you have really decided not to go the integrated route, do not visit oxford or FTE. You will be put behind and priority will be given to integrated students. I dont think this is wrong actually, they are the ones paying the big bucks, i just think its good to stay away from them if your not going integrated.

As for the recruitment point, i actually know more guys/gals right now who have gotten jobs recently, who went to modular flight schools. The reason is that either they performed very well in assesments, or they had good connections or they had a type rating. Spend half the money and if you want use the rest to get a type rating. If you have $100,000 for training and then another $30,000 for a type rating, i strongly suggest you just invest it somewhere and dont become a pilot Airlines right now dont really care where you did your training, they have so many applications coming in they do not have time to sit and look what school you are from. What matters is how good you are, and if you can pay for TR or not. Dont sell out to marketing gimics mate. There are LOTS of good flight schools out there that no one even knows. Have a look around.

Best of luck to you!

Svoa