PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air and EZ Jet Looking!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2002, 18:06
Hap Hazard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada Goose, pity there were not more level headed and thinking wannabes like you around.
The Airline industry is not what I thought it would be like and is going through some pretty tough times.
Please dont get me wrong, I love my job, but I am finding out that I am having to make some pretty big family sacrifices to stay in work.
My advice to you is, if you still want to become a pilot, dont spend all your hard earned cash at the moment, watch the market very carefully and see what direction it moves in and when there are positive signs of improvement go for it.
There are lots people out there banging on about how the market is picking up....oh really, where?
Being around for your family growing up is the most important thing to you and your wife, not sitting in some hotel bar, it sounds great, but it aint.
Having done the airline bit now, if I could find a job flying small stuff that allows me to be with my family and pay the bills I would be off.
If she who must be obeyed is earning a good wage, what about instructing or something?
By the sounds of it you are far to bright for this forum!
To all those other wannabe's trying to find a job, I know how you feel as I have been there myself, but even when times were good, it was never easy...here we go........