PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue - No Christmas cheer for you
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2010, 10:57
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Domaus, have you even been to the Middle East??

There's Christmas trees & lights all over the malls, just yesterday I saw an aisle full of tinsel & Christmas gear in the local Carrefour, seems the majority of Arabs in the UAE don't have a problem with it, one of them even wished me Merry Christmas, just like a few months back I was wishing them Ramadan Kareem...

Sure there are those in Oz who want Aussies to adapt and then refuse to do the same (annoys the out of me too!) But then you will also get Christians and Catholics who won't even listen to someone else explaining about their beliefs and customs. (Have you ever shared Iftar with a Muslim during Ramadan, try it, very fun!) I try to at least understand some of the things people of other religions do/say, even though I'm not religious myself.

Like they say, the world would be a much better place if we could all just get along.

Have you ever seen kindergarten kids fight over whether it's Merry Christmas or Hannukkah or Eid? Nope me either, all I usually see is the kids enjoying each other's company and learning some new things about their mates' culture & beliefs.

Yes it sucks if the Virgin email was true- however, you have to remember also that Virgin aircraft are their private property so just like any other rule the company may have (uniform policies etc) you just have to accept it. Do you have to like it? No. By all means knock yourself out wishing people Merry Christmas left right and centre on your way to/from work, if they say not on the plane, well, they did pay for it

Just so you know, my housemate has worn a Santa hat at EK for the last three years on flights and has never been stopped...