PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AvGas Rotors Running Fuelling
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2010, 08:33
SuperF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agaricus, i agree that commonsence says no problem refueling a JR "hot", however it would only take a very smart, "overpaid" lawyer, with some self appointed "experts" to take someone to task. And I was simply repeating what the CAP said. It simply states, or if it is on the same side of the helicopter...

From my experience with lawyers and CAA, commonsence has nothing to do with it, it comes down to how they can twist what is a perfectly reasonable sounding recomendation to have a go at someone they don't like...

re the 22 flying after a fire, not sure i'd do it, but the most mustering i'v done is a couple of hundred head of cattle in the Arawhata, down south westland, other than trying to put the odd animal back into a paddock that i just scared them out of.

Have a couple of good pictures of hot refuelling 47's from jerrys, smoke hanging out of mouth, pump pouring chemical at the same time, blades/stab bar a couple of inches from the hand... during the 70's, so we have increased our risk analysis since then....