PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Importance of FTO choice.
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2010, 23:18
Chael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Importance of FTO choice.

I have read through stickies and tried my best to searc on the subject but I cannot find very much relevent information, I'm not looking to be spoon-fed but if someone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

I know there is the ongoing debate with regard to modular vs integrated routes for obtaining a (f)ATPL, and I honestly think that the advantages of doing it modular out-weigh any disadvantages (the main one which I can see being that employers supposedly prefer integrated students, although most adverts for jobs I have seen which said this also said "or one stop modular" so my mind is fairly at ease with this)

What I would like to know is if anyone has any information on how much employers take into account the FTO you choose to train at, specifically for the modular route.

I want to know because I will soon have to make a decision about where I want to go, and the main two I have been looking at are FTE Jerez and Bonus Aviation. Whilest Bonus Aviation is the cheaper option of the two, it leaves me wondering whether or not there is much added value in using a more well known FTO which (unless I have just out of coincidence heard A LOT more about it than Bonus) is the more well known/established of the two. Also added onto this is some information from FTE's site showing them as having a number of "Airline Partners" (FTE Jerez: Airline Partners). Whilest I am not sure exactly to what level they are partners, It is this sort of thing which makes me wonder if employment is more likely having trained there.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I apologise if this has been done to death but I did try to search and read stickies and came up short of information. Opinions as well as facts welcome.

Chael.