PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Standbys
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2010, 20:13
DirectDIKAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spandex, please advise on other ways to get into this industry? Just who is it that currently plays for your type rating when starting out? Clearly I missed a trick there! Easiest?? – there was nothing east about my journey into this game I assure you it came with great sacrifice hardship and dedication. Least amount of effort? Surely an ATPL , type rating and line training require the same amount of effort from anyone regardless of who pays for it – not quite sure the point your making there fella?
Shaun – fair enough perhaps this post would have been better on a private FR forum, didn’t realise it would attract quite such a response, it’s a while since I posted on here I forgot just how much people love to have a pop when FR is in the title. I still don’t think that the new fATPL’er is responsible for terms and conditions being degraded, I know that in an ideal world all fAPTL’ers would say “no” to paying for a TR and the industry would be a better place, but surely you can see that that would require all newbies to know each other and have some sort of fATPL-Union which is obviously impossible, the reality of the situation is that once you get your fATPL your on your own and have to do all you can to progress yourself.