PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHC-6 Questions:
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2010, 13:01
V1... Ooops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello Pete:

I don't think there is a reference in the Revision 52 (current version) AFM or the current version Supplementary Operating Data that addresses how long to wait to allow fuel to settle prior to using the dipstick.

The Series 300 AFM has recently been completely revised, and this new revision of the AFM (all pages are at Revision 53 status) will be distributed to operators who subscribe to the document revision service sometime within the next few months. I believe that the document is at the printers now, and I am going to GUESS that it will be distributed to subscribers sometime in the first quarter 2011.

I have attached an image below showing the remarks about the dipstick that are contained in this new (Revision 53) AFM.

A note to everyone: I cannot, and will not participate in any further discussion about the contents of the Revision 53 AFM until it is distributed. To do so would just cause chaos, I am sure you can all appreciate that.

Here's the blurb that addresses use of the dipstick. Note that it is by no means obligatory to use the dipstick.