PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mrs Bloggs 'At Home' Etiquette/Protocols
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2010, 11:19
goudie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
During one the Britannia Dets to Kai Tak in the early '70's our young Eng Off gets himself invited to a party, laid on by some Brit female teachers. He pairs off with one, gets lucky and is invited back to her place.

When they arrive at her high rise apartment he realises he's run out of ciggies (Yes, everyone did smoke in those days). She tells him there's an all night corner shop 5 mins walk from the block. Off he trots, purchases ciggies, and makes his way back to the apartment block.

The Sikh security guard lets him in and he makes his way up to the 9th? floor to apartment number 37? Sh!t! He realises he's forgotten her apart. and floor number. Well he's had a few drinks!
After several trips to the ground floor, to start again, the Sikh guard asks him who he's trying to find. He then realises he doesn't know her surname either. The guard eventually asks him to leave, which he reluctantly does.

When he related this story to me over a few beers he said, ''and do you know what really bugs me, it's that she probably thought I'd chickened out and done a runner.'' We left Hong Kong a day later, so he never had chance to explain. Probably haunts him still to this day.