PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rejecting A Takeoff After V1…why Does It (still) Happen?
Old 10th Dec 2010, 22:02
galaxy flyer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Who was it that said, "some men trip over the truth, brush themselves off and continue as if nothing happened"

You can do as you please, just as long as it doesn't involve public transport, you are still wrong. As a Citation operator (contractor, perhaps?), your boss most likely doesn't have a clue as to the dangers to which you are exposing him. I doubt very much any training organization worthy of the name would teach these RTO procedures. You'll be on your own should the far end of the runway reaches out smites thee.

The scary part is, so far, you have not presented any clear, understandable means of verifying the aircraft's runway performance as to accelerate-stop distance, NONE, NADA, ZILCH. Please tell me you, at least, use some performance data to back up your guesses.

Do you hold off in retracting the gear until the runway is behind you so you can land it, if an engine should fail, too?

Mutt. Do you really have a checklist for that? I fly there often enough to be interested in knowing more.

GF

Last edited by galaxy flyer; 10th Dec 2010 at 22:16.