PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What was your most rubbish det so far?
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2010, 18:54
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Deid.

And yes, I know it is/was(?) relatively speaking the Maldives, but on my list of 'where was I when...' moments I vividly remember being sat in Ops (which sounds much grander than a knackered portakabin at the edge of the vast US 'Ops Town') one morning at 0330 and thinking there was more to life than this.

Whilst not in any way dangerous, The Deid was the haunt of many a thrusting JO who was given a simple but essentially non-job brief, but was close enough to the resident 1* to think that a 4-month surge of wankerism would help achieve promotion. Many of these sycophants tours could be plotted on a 4-month timeline as they glided from initial 'stupid/unrealistic ideas' phase through to 'leave the replacement a crap job I started' just before taking their career and integrity vacuum back home.

Faced with more of this sort of bolleaux in future, but with the very real likelihood that the same morons might be in a warzone one day - perhaps even on promotion - I took the safe route and put my notice in at the start of the economic downturn.

Haven't looked back