PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What was your most rubbish det so far?
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2010, 18:17
bakseetblatherer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely when I was in Shaw, South Carolina. A couple of us were 'attached' to a CAOC for a big exercise, nobody knew what we were supposed to do. As in there was nothing for us to do, we mostly sat around on our arses being bored whilst the Sqn flew big sorties against all sorts of fun opposition from some other base.

South Carolina sucks and sumpter is a hole, it was hot and muggy, poured down every afternoon without fail. Our hotel was on a dual carriageway and when we used to walk down the wide (10') grassy strip at the side to get to the pub, the charming fat Sth Carolinese used to beep their horns and hurl abuse ' get off the road' and 'use a ****en car' etc. They could get into their heads that people can walk further from the couch to the fridge and back.

Admittedly it was not mortars and tents, but the fact it was a couple of weeks in the States I was looking forward to made it worse. At least we got leathered and watched 'dodgeball' I suppose.

I really feel sorry for the F16 exchange guys posted to that crap corner of the world.