PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft without a loss of oil pressure procedure
Old 10th Dec 2010, 11:27
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S and F handle?...do tell....
on a garrett engine absolutely yes. feathering the prop here always means also shutting the engine down. this engine is an another story than the pt6. you will find an (emergency)shut and feather handle on a garrett.

let me also one more time highlight one post of me regarding exactly this where i already said that it is impossible to run a garrett with a feathered prop and where guppy replies that this is not true.... ( posting #40)

what we can say: it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to keep a tpe331 running with the prop feathered- instead of a pt6 where stopping the prop will not stop the core

So I chose to drop like a rock, flight idle, speed brakes
john, afaik the C425 does not have any speed brakes.
what is right that on a small turboprop with engines in idle and props forward you truly will go down like a rock, yes.

in general i think it would very much clean up pprune when on registration and claiming being or was being a real driver / FE or mechanic some confirmations for this would be required. i would have no problem to scan my pilots licence with ratings i have since it is not that secret, and than we can open two logs: "tech log" and "wannabe tech log" .