PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To those seeking work
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2010, 10:11
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Propellerpilot:

What you are basically showing, is that you are not willing to invest an intelligent thought or a penny in solving your problem - so what does that tell us about you ?
Propellerpilot:

It has showed inexperience on your part in managing your own recruitment - the responsibility of getting spammed with applications lies with the quality of your method and it has nothing to do with anybody else.
So PP, you are running a recruitment agency, aren`t you?

If one cannot expect to get qualified reply if asking for only specific experience/qualification from supposedly educated people, than...?

We recruited in 2009, and my peers left no doubt in what minimum qual they wanted (SIC, 500 jet time, GA background,T/R was provided) and I was bathed in applications from newbies and 100% airliners. 1 in twenty was suitable.

Whilst I understand the reasons for applying to a job that one - given the pilot market in 2009 and 2010 - canīt expect to get, it still is at least an annoiance to the people that have to wade through that stuff. As said before, I answered every application (I hate non answers myself)
Using an agency by the way was no option, the airplane was up for sale and extra money not available. I was lucky to keep my job as the airplane was not sellable for a reasonable price.

Swamthing:

The short answer to that is.. YES I WAS!
So you did care about unemployed folks getting a job in NJ? Or how can I understand that "YES"? I feel lucky not to be in your position, BUT that does not mean that I have the slighest bit positive feeling about your position. There is nothing that I could gain in feeling good about unemployed people, may it be pilots or others. The opposite is true, the lesser unemployed pilots are there, the better and more solid is my situation.

I just wonder how you would expect 'us' (employed, supposedly not giving a pile of poo...) to react to your sentence:

Aviation in general has gone to the dogs and most people can't give a if you are unemployed and behind on your mortgage!!!
Would you give up your job because you donīt have a mortgage to help an unemployed with one?

I canīt create jobs in my current position. Easy as that. Iīd recruite 4 pilots and retreat to my sofa, but the boss doesnt buy that.