PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air and EZ Jet Looking!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2002, 11:13
Baldie Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to say I am in general agreement with Flypuppy here.

WWW seems to be taking a pro-Ryanair stance here that is not in line with the majority of wannabes. I feel, as aluded by Flypuppy that this can only be a result of him now having the coveted jet job and now looking at the larger picture through the eyes of someone who has the needs of a seasoned airline pilot at heart and not as someone with a brand new licence and a cheeky grin.
Someone looking for their first job has a rather different agenda to someone who is in the game and no matter how good the company appears to be WWW you surely cannot justify the expense of type rating to get in the door? Please say you don't.

WWW, I don't know where you got this idea of only Dutch guys paying for their type ratings because a friend of mines brother has recently joined the outfit and stumped up the cash for his. And no he is not Dutch he is self sponsored (OATS) and I belive the school were almost instrumental in him getting the "job".

I would say that WWW needs to take a step back and remember how he felt being an eager wannabe with little cash and what he valued at that stage as most important. Most of us could simply not afford a type rating on top of £50k+ and I know for a fact that you couldn't either WWW because I recall your numerous posts on how you got where you are by spending as little money as you possibly could. Remember those days?

BM.