PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft without a loss of oil pressure procedure
Old 10th Dec 2010, 04:03
johns7022

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian, I love you man...it's like you read the book, but you have never flown a plane...

When the boss gives you a C425 to fly...you can choose to feather the prop..and if the oil that you see coming from the front of the nacel translates into something in the governor making metal...and the prop doesn't feather..

You now get to fly single engine...Vse holds 3000 FPM....let that sink in Brian...put the Fosters down.....3000 FPM....DOWN.....

Can you dead stick a turboprop from 24000 ft into a runway, doing 3000 FPM, all the while the plane wants to flip over with all the drag from the windmilling prop? Then when you get there, if you don't get it right...you can't climb and hit short, with passengers, in the dirt at 3000 FPM...and how's your flare going to be with a windmilling prop...you'll flip the plane...

So I chose to drop like a rock, flight idle, speed brakes, in a FLYABLE plane doing 10000 FPM, and 250kts...and probably have two working engines to guarantee the landing.....

And it worked...hear that? It worked...that's right...let me repeat for the PC pilots...it worked. Downside of my choice...maybe...the oil would have run out, and a bearing cooked...but with no power on it..I doubt it...

People over gear...when you get to fly a plane all by yourself Brian, you might have to make big boy choices like this too.

Now off with you back to the flight sim.