PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Crash In Bettystown Ireland
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2010, 00:31
skillsndrills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all feel commercial pressure now and again, and we all make mistakes, we are after all human. For this, the pilot has my sympathy.........but.......... but if you blatently fly illegally on a foreign PPL whilst taking payment and also stealing jobs from those who respect and trained under the rules then I have no sympathy. (and to land illegally on a beach without permission....... but the car park looks ok.....).

This sort of behaviour was rife when I was working in Ireland and to be perfectly honest, it's about time these cowboys got their comeuppance.

I keep my head below the parapettt on PPrune as a lurker and PM'er but this is simply too much to bear. I have seen guys train in the US (no problem there) and they come over to europe and break the terms of their license..... this is a classic example of "sure it'll be grand sure" as long as nothing goes wrong (and we don't get caught, i'll just say I was carrying that brown envelope for fun, and I also fly my friends for free whilst wearing a white shirt with 4 gold bars. obviously!). I'll take that envelope as long as it's nothing to do with that flight I just did. The inconsistencies with the story: I was flying for money... on second thoughts no I wasn't. not...on third thoughts....I changed my mind. On fourth thougts I was flying, no he was flying...we were both P1 even when he didn't pay me but the client did.... I mean did'nt........

Did I miss something???

PS. I don't want to get into a typing war. You can contact me by telegram or fax.

I hope every professsional pilot out there feels the same way as I do.

I hope you guys/girls go easy on me but I honestly believe people like that deserve all they get. And then not enough.........