PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft without a loss of oil pressure procedure
Old 9th Dec 2010, 23:01
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low oil pressure

Johns7022. One indication, in isolation, will not always tell the complete story. That is why MEL's are in place to allow aircraft with various engine or system defects to continue to operate. So also, various indications in isolation do not always require the same action and unless certification calls for it, there may not be a Checklist to cover such indications. Commonsense and experience will often lead to a different way of handling any situation. You obviously looked at what was being told to you and took the action that you as the PIC deemed appropriate and, I suspect, was prepared to modify that decision if required and take responsibility for the outcome. That is what our employers pay us, or used to in my case, to do. There have been numerous times in my aviation career where, as a crew, decisions were taken which were either not specifically covered or where the action called for, in the circumstances, was not appropriate. Our subsequent actions were always taken in the belief that we had done the correct thing and in the knowledge that our backsides would feel the pain if we erred. Sounds as though you made the right "D".