PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft without a loss of oil pressure procedure
Old 9th Dec 2010, 22:24
johns7022

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resume comparisons aside...I think we can agree that a low oil pressure indication is a place to start...in my case, the light went on...then to the guage(low)...to the temp(green) to the nacelle...spewing all over..

I'n my case, I chose not to shut the engine down,(probably should have) but pulled the power back on the engine to idle, got it down on the ground ASAP...and shut her down on the roll out...called in the troops...fixed an O ring on a PT6 governor return line, did a flush...added some oil....did another flush at my home base...no problems..

My checklist told me to shut down the engine if the pressure was low...I wanted the engine in case I needed it down low...I was a little worried that my blades wouldn't feather too...because on that plane an unfeathered engine, will make the plane go about about 3000 FPM down...WITH a good engine on the other side....

Bottom line...if you see a low pressure indication .....will you make the right choice under the circumstances....in the real world it's certainly more then just shutting her down...there are circumstances to consider.