PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - multi tool confiscated at STN
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2002, 10:15
Stan Sted

PPRuNe Bashmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face multi tool confiscated at STN

I had a multi tool confiscated at STN two weeks ago at the start of a hol to Spain and wonder if there is any chance of getting it back.

Stupidly I had packed the tool (a bit like a £90 Leatherman but cheaper) in a flight bag instead of my suitcase and of course it was identified in the scanner.

The security woman who subsequently searched my bag said I could go back to the Buzz desk and ask for the tool to go in the hold but since my family's bags had been despatched about 35 mins earlier I thought there would be no point.

The woman said there was no way I could take it with me and that it would have to be confiscated and be disposed of by the police.

I am now tempted to nip round to the STN police office and ask if I could have the tool back. It's not a question of money ( I bought the stainless steel multi tool for £2.99 plus six gallons of petrol and it is an absolute bargain and just right for fixing bits on hired dinghies, windsurfers and the usual holiday emergency uses).

Are there any security experts out there who can rate my chances of getting it back?