PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hand Held Radio for Aviation?
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2010, 22:12
Cherokee_N7471W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LUSCOMBES are fun... / Hand held radios

I have seen Luscombes over the years and not paid much attention to them until about 1996 when I bumped into an owner doing some maintenance on his (brake cables not hydraulics). We ended up with me on the ground adjusting so he could set in side and feel the heal brakes. So he gave me a ride…. What a hoot!!! {it had the ‘big’ 85 HP upgrade!} Luscombes were near the top of my list ever since. I finally was made an offer on an AA-1 (friend of a friend lost medical) so ended up with that. It is also a surprisingly simple aircraft. It has worked out well for me, as it is a bit faster than most in the 100HP class, and technically IFR. However, until I can upgrade some avionics (ergo the desire to have the A24 hand held working on board) I keep it CVAU flying.

So, I have now requested twice to have the tech-support supervisor at ICOM America call or email me. I have heard nothing. How can I (we) get any satisfaction from the ICOM Goliath when I (we) are but little Davids who have already fatten Icom’s bottom line and have limited resources?

Cheers
Walt.