PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 accident in south of France
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2010, 21:01
jellycopter

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I am absolutely gutted.

I've always been aware that if we play this helicopter game for long enough, we will lose colleagues and acquaintances. I've lost several myself over the years, but the biggest difference with this tragic accident, is it's the first time I've ever lost true friends.

Both of these men were passionate about flying, and I know it's a cliche, but it's comforting for me to know they lost their lives doing what they loved doing. They flew for fun, not 'professionally', in the sense we would normally associate with the term. Nevertheless, they were very professional in their flying, and 'can do' in their outlook. Although very different charachters, they complimented each other hugely. As individuals and as a pair, they will be sorely missed by many in the GA helicopter community.

I count myself extremely lucky to have been fortunate enough to have had the great pleasure and honour of knowing these two men and having been able to share some of their infectious passion for helicopter flying. Between them, through our collective involvement with the Helicopter Club, they taught me about enjoying flying and it is this lesson that I have subsequently always tried to instill in all with whom I fly.

My sincere condolencies and best wishes to the families and loved ones left behind.

John Jackson 'JJ'