PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rejecting A Takeoff After V1…why Does It (still) Happen?
Old 9th Dec 2010, 20:18
johns7022

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are sunk now......

- There was about 76 000 RTOs in the same period.-

That's a lot of RTOs...that's a lot of mechanical failures, annunciator lights, problems, issues, ect that are causing the pilots to say...'not taking the plane up'

- 74 of them ended in accident or incident. -

Translated...out of ALL the RTOs... ONLY 1/10th of one percent of resulted in an accident...and that my friends, ends, all your arguments about brake failures, and planes flying off into the end into Lava Pits...done, over, your arguments are toast. One tenth of one percent is so statistically small that I could sit here and blame that on bad tires, idiot pilots, gremlins.. African operators, Pay to Fly.... but for grins let's move forward....

- 2% of RTOs were initiated above 120kt and that's where the large majority of incidents came from. -

2% = 1400 RTOs initiated above 120kts...that's fast...no one died and the plane wasn't structurally damaged.

--58% of RTOs that ended in incident were initiated above V1--

No one died, no planes banged up to un flyable status...

- Only 24% of unsuccessful RTOs were triggered by engine related events. -

You mean to tell me that 76% of the reasons why our pilot's RTOs had NOTHING To with the fire light...shocked, shocked I tell you...you mean things went bump, bang, boom...and they still stopped the plane?

- According to the Airline-that-issued-FCM analysis, 55% of incidents could have been prevented by continuing the take-off, 9% by better preflight planning, 16% by correct stop techniques. -

Sure...so out of 76000 RTOs...only 76 resulted in a plane being banged up, or an injury/death.....they think that these guys should have flown the plane at least half the time.....ok...let's look at that....76000 RTOs...and they think that half the INCIDENTS should have been flown off...ok...700 should have been flown as opposed to an INCIDENT...in other words instead of only an incident they think that 700 crews who slid off the end with no injuries or banging up the plane should have FLOWN the problem up in the air...beyond idiotic.

9% didn't preflight their planes...and 16% don't know how to stop one....not a revelation there...

------------------------

Gentlemen...the argument is done...sticking to a position that brakes fail and post V1 RTOs will kill you is about the same as a Linotype operator railing against copy machines....

So out of all the RTOs....76000, and only 74 resulted in accidents....how many could have been avoided if the crew had more runway in front of them?