PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - a chance for Ukrainian guy to become a pilot
Old 9th Dec 2010, 15:13
dude from UA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a chance for Ukrainian guy to become a pilot

Hello there.
My name is Alex. I'm 28. I live in Ukraine. Since my childhood I want to become a pilot, finally I can afford it. For a long time I'm trying to choose between different flight schools in different parts of the world. For those who doesn't know, Ukraine is the largest country on the European continent, but unfortunatelly has a very immature aviation industry. Since there is no chance to get any job with national license, I decided to get a JAR licence in one of the EU country. I opted for Poland. It's more cheaper to compare with Germany or UK or Holland etc (the price is about 42.000 Euro). In addition, I know the language (I mean Polish). There is a nice proposition from one of the academies - they propose a flight instructor job after ATPL course, to have 400 hours in the end. By taking this path I will lose all my savings, so I really have to be sure that this is the right decision. Therefore, I'm looking forward to any advise or comment on this issue. One more question is - do I have a chance to find a job in EU or perhaps in Asia after graduation.