PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft De.icing
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2010, 13:30
GRIZZLER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spannersatcx

At the moment thanks i seem to be in the best part of East Anglia...the least snow and only -4....i will wait for the weather to pick up before i go further afield....

I dont want to go on and on about my first post about de.icing....but going back to basics....its not the de.ice fluid that melts the ice....it is the HEAT of the fluid that melts the ice.....the amount and fine quantity of the spray that was used could not have made a AB330 warm enough to go through ice and standing snow....with just 320 odd ltrs.....no matter what sort of de ice fluid was being used.....that only comes into its own when the ice has gone....

just becuase you have sprayed the whole plane it does not mean the ice has gone.......it could still be ice covered in fluid.

and thanks Ice-bore you seem to have covered most things there....

From reading these posts it seems that we all get our information from the same source but do the job in a different way....very strange.

and off the top of my head.....as i am also at home......ecowings type 2 will not give you 45 mins hold over in snow ....not with the chart we use.....i am pretty certain it is 15mins up to 35 mins....but we have to put the lower time down on paper......thats with a 75-25 mix.

I'm getting a bit ice bored myself now.......t.t.f.n