PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2010, 12:34
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
It seems that the whole thing is slowly going down the pan, as they realise that more and more of the numbers that they used were utter b******ks.
The descision has been made that this will happen and it will. The plan will run its course. I would have thought that if a CC (who would have a lot more on their plate than this) questioned anything at the start, will it would be addressed, however, in the eyes of NPAS, No questions = No problems = Full agreement with the plan.

I understand that as far as NPAS is concerned, if the CC hasn't asked any questions, then it is taken that his force will abide!
Normally this would be fair enough, however perhaps some wool over eyes and smoke/mirrors have been applied. Unfortunately I reckon that when anyone went to find out about Air Support Operations, they chose the locations they went to and asked, very carefully

I would like to know, but of course never will, if the CCs were informed of how this plan affects their individual force individually, after research has been done on each individual forces requirements and areas of criminal activity. Wouldn't it be 'not quite right' to give a brief to an urban forces CC based on the operations of a rural unit?
Goodness knows what was told to the CCs before signing up to the agreement! Wasn't it all kept so secret!

I also suspect that not only are some of the numbers b******s, but it may be possible that some may have......oh, what was that saying about statistics again?