PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garuda applicants beware
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2010, 07:17
seat 0A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caissa,

Yes, I`ve had a good career sofar. I`ve been lucky.
But don`t for one instance believe I have taken it for granted. I`ve done almost 20 years of union work to try to keep improve our T&C`s and, more importantly, pass them on to the next generation. And I hope I can continue the union work for another decade or so.

You seem to detect some arrogance in my reply. The direct way of Dutch communication seems to trigger that a lot on these boards Not intended that way at all.
Who knows, I might be in the same position as you are in some years, as we still retire at 56. I might feel like doing some contract work myself by that time. (although I wouldn`t want to steal promotions from local F/O`s by doing so........)

On the subject: I really feel it is not too much to ask by any employer to expect the applicant to contribute in the expenses in case the job offer is rejected.
This has nothing to do with pay to fly or any other scheme as such.
Although stuck gear brings up a valid point about the role of the contract agency.

PS, nothing wrong with part-time flying. I`ve done it myself for years. Just that I`ve done it under a negotiated agreement in the our CLA. Not much chance of getting it any other way, me thinks.....