PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Qantas Check-in and Bag Drop - Sydney
Old 9th Dec 2010, 05:06
geeohgeegeeoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front-of-house staffing with new bagdrop

I passed through syd domestic after a BA cockup forced me landside overnight.

there was a terribly nice Q chappie fielding a bunch of grumps (like me) queueing up at the platinum counter, none of us dead chuffed with the robot entry devices, and all of us feeling like the lack of counter staff was not an incentive.

If you have to stand a man there to try and feed people to your digiboxes, it is a message about customer satisfaction which the high-heidyins need to think about.

Secondly, there are a bunch of Qs about those bloody robots I need to understand before I try and use them. Like, can I use one to bump myself into an earlier flight, or does it simply book me into a seat on the 'bus that I signed up to? Because people have this amazing skill: its called thinking and I value being able to use it.

If I know the bloody pole-with-a-printer can actually get me where I want (onto an earlier flight: re-routed via another path. accept a downgrade to make the deadline. deal with my oversize bags...) I'm more likely to go there.

But when the thing just barks at me "Ven Did you lazt Zee your LUGGAGE!" its not encouraging.