PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garuda applicants beware
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2010, 00:04
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caissa brings up an important point.

At no stage have I approved of the 'going for an interview to have a free holiday' philosophy although I am aware this can happen.I have always personally taken interviews seriously but the airline must sell itself to me also.
For the past 20 years, I have been an expat employed by a number of carriers, and corporations around the world. Taking that leap away from home takes a great deal of thought starting from the job website to the acceptance of the position.

At times its hard to obtain total and accurate information about your prospective employer, just as it is hard for your prospective employer to do the same.

With that being said, be prepared to bring with you to the interview as much information about your prospective employer. Ask questions... ask questions... ask questions.

Sit down with pen and paper and jot down questions you want answered, which should not be limited to the typical salary, benefits, housing, or commuting... but perhaps ask who started the airline, who is at the helm, what are their backgrounds, fleet expansion, five year plan.... etc. Keep the pad out and take your time.

After the interview you can do some additional research to confirm what you have learned during the interview.

If your prospective employer skirt issues or are not forthright, or provide you with a stock response to the effect "that issue does not effect you", then that company may not be worth working for.

The bottom line, I interviewed my prospective companies, and glad I did. I am able to pass important information to other prospective candidates too before they attend their interviews.

Sorry to be off topic. But I will say this... no respectable airline should require any candidate to pay expenses in connection with interview process.

Good luck to one and all.