PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rejecting A Takeoff After V1…why Does It (still) Happen?
Old 8th Dec 2010, 21:04
john_tullamarine

Received 101 Likes on 68 Posts
You will, no doubt, have a shrewd idea of identity.

Actually, no. We can elicit some information from the system but it is rather generic in nature. End result is that I have no idea who johns7022 might be. However, there are some stylistic similarities so he/she may well be someone else from the past ...

IF we have a 'SSG' re-incarnation we are wasting our time here

I'd take a contrary view. It has always been apparent that the best way to test one's own knowledge is to assess one's ability to express that knowledge. Thus, stimulating discussion (whomever might be the driving source) has the useful value of testing the participating readership's knowledge comfort. Folk such as SSG, and others, might be a tad irritating in some respects but that doesn't, of itself, reduce their value to the discussion.

page 12 or 13

Thanks, GF .. I'll have a looksee at the link.

Those that are taught to pour the tea, don't always know how to make it.

Good point. Knowing the makings may not be a necessary prerequisite to doing the pouring entirely satisfactorily. However, there may be some sideline issues for which the former may assist the execution of the latter.

I am reminded of a final year fluid mechanics exam question from many decades ago ... which considered the case of the PNR tea lady .. daily she would ascend the spiral iron staircase in that august building .. the question assigned one's pondering to whether she ought to stir the tea

(a) before she started up the stairs ?

(b) after she arrived at the last landing ?

(c) or, indeed, was it necessary to stir the tea at all ?

.. an interesting chap, that lecturer.

The answer, needless to say, involved a few pages of manuscript containing the usual run of the mill engineering undergraduate mathematical jiggery-pokery ...