PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2009/10 season
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2010, 20:41
aviator_88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahahahahahaah, I actually thought that I was the only one insane enough to take a leap of faith and go down there on my own...now I know that I'm not the only one and I'm glad.

I'm pretty new here (just found out about PPRuNe few weeks ago ) but I read every dam post about going to Maun and my eyes heart like hell right now...I actually wanted to come in November this year but my parents took all the funds they gave me as soon as they heard that my super plan B is to go in Africa for few months (it's pretty hard to explain to someone what does it feel like wanting to fly and not being able to do it)...now I'm waiter for the next 12 months saving money to go there...but I WILL GO THERE. The way I see it there are two possible situations:

1.)
-you spend 3 months in Maun or any other town,
-you get to know a lot of new people of which most of them are low hour CPL like you
-you all have a great time drinking, laughing and simply enjoying Africa
-you go for job hunting
-you get a job you want SOOO MUCH

2.)
-same as above but you don't get a job
-at least you can say that you tried
-you had a great experience
-you have a lot of new friends who may be in situation of helping you finding a job
-you spend some money which you don't like anyway because if you like money you wouldn't be flying airplanes...

I'm just glad that there are so many of you with this awesome genetic disorder that creates indescribable desire to fly.