PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VirginBlue Roster
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2002, 02:50
Sharfted Groundhog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just read this thread from start to finish and wow! What started off as a really simple question has turned out a whole heap of dirty washing..... Now, I wonder where I've heard this all before....

Ansett Australia, Tasman Pacific NZ, Air NZ, Qantas, etc, etc. Wonder if there's any common factor in the current state of those airlines and the people who work in them......

Life's crappy in any job; that's a given. The trick is to make the best of it, get on with it and get over it! Remember what it was like to get paid REALLY bad money when you were instructing??? Remember all those REALLY crappy nights flying cargo up and down the country in thunderstorms in a light piston twin? Think really hard and I'm sure all those memories will come back.

This forum is about posting OPINIONS, and I believe that the majority of people do exactly that. Don't beat them up for doing what the forum is designed to do. I feel that some of the posting authors need to go away and either go for a very long walk, or have a few stiff drinks to calm their tempers, nerves or general disposition!

The only rule of thumb that I think we all have to remember is that there are alot of us out there that got shafted recently; either by AN Australia or TP NZ - and who are still looking for jobs. We are experienced, good pilots who are still out of work because of circumstances out of our control. If things are that tough in VB (or any other airline for that matter), come and swap jobs.... I'm sure pouring concrete for 8 hours a day followed closely by a 6 hour shift at the local supermarket packing shelves will readjust your attitude towards the industry and job you took on a very long time ago because of the love of the whole package!

Take a very long look at life in general, guys and girls - bet you five bucks it's not that bad..........