PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA pilots threaten industrial action (merged)
Old 26th Aug 2002, 02:03
thegypsy
DIRECTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviator 38 What a load of rubbish you talk. SIA wanted both pilots out of business class unless seats were available,so this so called 'compromise' is nothing short of buckling under knowing that SIA have clearly breached the CA but knowing that going down the road through the 'Courts' in Singapore will result in one thing only namely 'LOSING' as civil servants do as they are told by Gov't who are major shareholders and they would not want their two ex armchair bullyboy Generals to lose face. It is an absolute disgrace but that is Singapore I am afraid.

John Barnes I cannot agree with you that we should work to rule and sit in Economy as very few would really put their heads on the block and all SIA have to do is a 'CATHAY' and terminate say 10 Captains with just 3 months notice,thats what comes of working for a 3rd World Airline with draconian 3rd world labour laws. Whats another few thousand days of outstanding leave to add to the 10000 already owed Pilots???

Alpha-S are in a no win situation and at least we Captains still have aBusines Class seat and most F/Os will take the money and sleep for 7 hours whatever the time of day their rest is in the Bunk. I hope this does not sound like an 'I am alright Jack attitude' because it is not just a realisation of the Facts of Life in SIA aand the so called Legal process here.