PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2010, 16:50
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ex RAF and non military Brits of the 60's to 70's ruled with an iron fist and created misery for the newly established cadet scheme. Many were failures in their own time and became the bully boys. I did ask one Kiwi fruitcake at a BBQ why he was "failing" so many people. He replied " I like people to be scared of me" ! The "Legacy" was that many victims learned nothing as juniors & became equally murderous in the sim, and on the line, in years to come. Thanks to Aussie, RJ, there was a breath of fresh air in the Training Dept. "Train to excellence" was his motto but not followed by the "old School". There are some, who delight in "testing" and have no idea what "Training" means. Stuck with this until more of us, get into training for the right reasons. I asked one guy why he had applied for a Training position, he replied, "well, it looks good on the ole CV" !!!!!

In GF, you still have the hard core bully guys who just enjoy failing people rather than training them. Old school, grandfather rights, and rotten to the core. Aaaahhh, but they......."know people " !!

THE LEGACY. Good name for my book blowing the lid on the rotters. Watch this space .