PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPhone/iPad apps?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2010, 15:22
Flaps10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up iPhone/iPad apps?

I'm always interested in trying out new Apps on my iPhone. The best place to find out about new apps seems to be in the flight deck comparing apps with the guy next to me.

I was recently shown a cool app which decoded the Russian runway condition reports (among other things). I can't seem to find it on the app store. Does anyone know the apps name?

While you are at it, perhaps you could post the names of your favourite apps aviation and non-aviation related.

My current fav's are:

VLC - A great way to watch your AVI/MP4/MKV video files on your iPhone/iPad. iTunes is too restrictive and you have to convert all of your files to .m4v to watch or worse, you have to BUY/RENT movies...the horror!

Air Video - Stream video's from your desktop at home to your iPhone/iPad anywhere in the world via 3G or Wifi.

LogBookTen - App to record your flight times.

Hippo - Turns your iPhone into a mouse/keyboard. Great if you hook your laptop up to your TV to watch video's and are too lazy (me) to get up to start the next video or to reply to an email/instant message.

5-0 Radio - Listen to emergency services scanners, atc, and internet radio via 3G/WiFi.

Anyone else care to share their fav's?

I haven't pulled the trigger on an iPad yet but am looking forward to getting the next generation iPad whenever it comes out. Soon I hope?!