PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft De.icing
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2010, 14:12
GRIZZLER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spannersatcx

I am sorry mr spannersatcx....but i dont dont think you could get round a 747 in 15 min in falling snow, the hold over time would have expired before you had finished....unless your rig is a converted ferrari with jenson button at the wheel.....we use ecowings26 type 2....but i dont think the hold over time for kilfrost is 1 hour 25 mins in snow...we can only give 25 mins in freezing fog....as we did last night....i think you should look again at your de ice paperwork....again

and the recomended minimum for de.icing 330 air bus wings and tail 580ltrs...according to the AEA handbook...and thats still more than was sprayed on the total aircraft .....so i still say it was not done correctly.

if you take time to look in the AEA de ice handbook it gives it gives the recomended minimum fluid on most aircraft known to man.

as for the killfrost times you gave on the abc-k plus at -3 degrees 75/25 mix its only 35 mins holdover..minimum.....even at 100 percent its still only 1 hour hold over minimum........not sure how you get 1.hour 25 mins out of that......at least thats what the FAA say.